I never invested in myself in my past.
I always knew what others needed. I never questioned what I needed.
I’d hesitate to spend money on myself. I still do. I thought, “I’ll do it when everything feels right”. As days went by that day never came. I realized that the perfect day is never going to come and that I must invest a lot in myself because by not doing this I was giving a message to others as well as myself that I don’t matter.
We all must go after what we need.
By investing in myself I started respecting my needs more. I stopped brushing them off.
Few investments that we can start with:
- Scalp massage, combing hair and deep conditioning.
- Moisturizing our hands and feet. Taking good care of them. Transformation begins with grooming
- Cleansing our face whenever required and moisturizing
- Buying and wearing only those clothes which look good on us ( not because they are easily available)
- Taking treatments for healthy skin and hair, if necessary
- Eating nutritious food and drinking water
- Maintaining hygiene
- Pursuing our passions or interests
- Going out with friends or family members, who deliberately want to be a part of our life
- Making memories
- Smiling whenever possible. Saying “it’s ok” now and then
- Forgiving ourselves for all the regrets and mistakes
Treat yourself nice.